Tuesday, April 2, 2013

my father

The thing that I love most about my father is that he always knew when to share with others that he loved them. As we go from day to day we don’t need people to constantly ask us what is wrong or ask us if there is anything  we need, not that there is a lack of  willingness to help but that as we go along we often say that we don’t need the help and that we are doing just fine. But it is the quiet emotional moments where others know that we need support and know that we don’t need it physically so much as having and knowing we have their support emotionally. It is those moments of frustration; we want someone to just know that we want them to appreciate us without our asking. Somehow he knew when I needed a hug and said “hey”, me: “yeah”, “I love you”, it was always that simple exchange that really said everything that needs to be said: appreciation, thanks, love, and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment